Hi…I am Brian Dutko the President of Malvern Instruments, Inc. with overall responsibility for our Americas business. I thought I would share a few interesting facts about Brazil, and a strategic investment that we just made…
Did you know that……?
- Brazil is the largest economy in Latin America?
- Brazil is the 5th most populous country on earth?
- That Brazil is the 7th largest world economy in terms of GDP ($2.30 trillion USD), and it is forecast to be in the 6th position by 2015?
- That unemployment rates in Brazil remain low (6.1%) and the labor market remains robust?
- That Brazil will be the host country for the FIFA World Cup in 2014 and the Olympic Games in Rio in 2016?
Last week I had the pleasure of attending the ceremonial opening of our new demonstration lab in Sáo Paulo Brazil. This is one in a series of investments that we are making in this emerging South American market. The lab is designed to support our existing customer base, as well as support our Distributor partner Altmann, S.A. The laboratory is currently outfitted with our Mastersizer 3000, Morphologi G3, Zetasizer Nano ZSP, and a Kinexus Rheometer. We will continue to work with our Chromatography distributor, Flowscience Instruments, S.A., and utilize their laboratory, in support of our separations systems.
Aside from myself, I was joined by Edna Alvarez, who is our Sales Manager for Latin America, and Henrique Kajiyama, who provides technical and applications support to our customers and partners in Brazil. José Luis Martinez, who is the Director for Latin America for all of Spectris, also participated in the festivities.
We are very excited to have this state of the art facility in Brazil, and we expect that we will also be able to provide applications support to neighboring countries in Latin America.