Occasionally we get asked for a quick demonstration of the GPC software.
The current version 4.7 of OmniSEC can handle any data analysis that a chromatographer might need in research, development, or quality control. the program also controls any Malvern / Viscotek chromatography system (such as a conventional RImax, modular 270, or an integrated TDA) and can even handle third party detectors via the OmniFACE interface.
A few of the most commonly used features are shown in the movie below.
In the screen demonstration we:
- open a data file,
- set baselines,
- select peak limits,
- execute a calculation method, and
- go over the results such as
- Weight average molecular weight Mw,
- polydispersity index PDI =Mw/Mn,
- refractive index increment dn/dc
Other frequently used parts of the software – not shown in this clip – are determining the amount of aggregation in a sample, the percentage above & below a certain cutoff molecular weight, or creating Mark-Houwink plots.
- The definite guide to Malvern GPC/SEC information – how to get an overview of all the chromatography details on malvern.com
- Biophysical Characterization: Questions and Answers
- 5 Steps to improve SEC-LS data