June was another very busy month for live webinars from our experts here at Malvern Instruments. You lucky people had the opportunity to learn more about a range of topics, from the rheology of ice cream, to the science behind the anti-aging molecule, Hyaluronic Acid. If you missed any, don’t worry! We’ve recorded them all, so you can catch up on the action for free by registering on our website – the inks to each webinar recording are available below.
Laser Diffraction Masterclasses
The fourth part of our Laser Diffraction Masterclass series was a highlight of the month, as many took advantage of the chance to learn about the tricky task of configuring optical properties for particle size analysis. You can catch up on the three previous webinars in the Masterclass series via the links below:
Other June Webinars:
Coming up in July:
The accurate size measurement of both large and small therapeutic molecules within formulations has long been considered a challenge, complicated by the presence of excipient molecules and high background “noise”. Malvern’s Viscosizer 200 can see through these complications to measure only the molecules of interest, both accurately and repeatedly. During this webinar, data will be presented to describe the analysis of molecules in formulations containing different excipients as well as the detection of conformational changes in proteins. In addition, the presentation will cover the use of microcapillary viscometry to assess viscosity and potential deliverability issues which the technique is able to highlight in preformulation and early formulation development.
Who should attend?
- Scientists involved in screening and selection of therapeutic protein formulations.
- Scientists interested in measuring size of therapeutic molecules in the presence of excipients.
- Scientists interested in screening and selecting multiple formulations for appropriate viscosity.
- Scientists interested in new technologies for further the understanding and characterization of biopharmaceuticals
What you will learn?
- How the Viscosizer 200 can accurately measure protein size, even in the presence of excipients that can interfere with others techniques.
- Data demonstrating how to use the Viscosizer 200 to study changes in protein conformation.
- The importance of assess viscosity of multiple formulations, using microliter scale volumes, to reject inappropriate formulations at an early stage of the screening process.
Why should you attend?
- The ability to screen and characterize multiple formulations can greatly improve the success rate of early stage formulation development.
- Early rejection of inappropriate formulations can save considerable time and cost.
- The Viscosizer 200 provides data that can be greatly beneficial during the pre-formulation / formulation development and screening process.