The Zetasizer has been around for a few years, and the Zetasizer series now includes several models (90 degrees, backscattering, size and zeta, flowmode for chromatography detection, automated plate sampler). A very recent accessory which is compatible with any Zetasizer Nano in the field is the autosampler or with its full name the “Zetasizer NanoSampler“.
In dynamic light scattering (DLS) the size distribution of molecules or particles can be obtained in a relatively short time. The technique is therefore ideal for automation, because preparing a sample cuvette, loading it into the instrument, and cleaning the cuvette afterwards can be quite time-consuming if a series of samples has to be measured in a row. While the autosampler cannot eliminate preparation of the sample, there is no wait for the sample to finish measuring: up to 96 vials can be measured while the instrument is unattended – you can leave it to run overnight or even over the weekend. In terms of chemical compatibility, the wetted parts in the flow path are SS316, PTFE, EFTE, PEEK, and glass. This should be able to handle a wide variety of sample materials and dispersants.
Short video on the NanoSampler on youtube.
Through automation some sample handling and preparation errors can also be minimized – this application note shows the accuracy and repeatability as observed in our applications laboratory.
- Application Note: Accuracy and reproducibility of the autosampler for the Zetasizer
- Request a Quote for a Zetasizer NanoSampler – the DLS autosampler system
- Watch the NanoSampler Launch event
- How important is the refractive index of nanoparticles?
- Choose z-average or peak mean in DLS
- Which size is right: intensity volume number distributions