We’re headed to the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) Annual Meeting & Exposition this week for what promises to be a really interesting event in (hopefully) sunny San Diego. You can find us at booth 330, where we’ll have a whole load of new & innovative tech to help you with pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical discovery, development & manufacture.
Malvern’s portfolio of instruments for pharmaceutical scientists has expanded significantly in the last year. The acquisition of MicroCal’s microcalorimetry range has extended our capabilities to include drug discovery applications for both small and large molecules. We’ve also acquired NanoSight’s Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis and Affinity Biosensors’ resonant mass measurement technologies to aid detection of sub-visible particles within biological formulations as part of product development and OQ.
Product developments within Malvern have also delivered new capabilities for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical product characterisation. A new hybrid instrument, the Zetasizer Helix, which combines light scattering & Raman spectroscopy, has been introduced to aid researchers in determining the secondary and tertiary structure of protein-based biotherapeutics as part of product screening. Plus, new accessories have been introduced for the Mastersizer enable particle size measurement of formulations during early-phase development (Hydro SV) and also to support the development and trouble-shooting of particle sizing methods (Hydro Sight).
Along with all those new technologies, we’ve continued to add to our resource library, which is a goldmine of knowledge & information. To help you find the key resources for pharmaceutical scientists, we’ve created this list of the top 20 – although of course there is lots more content on the Malvern website which you can search for your particular area of interest. Happy reading & watching!
Pharmaceutical Product Characterization
- Blog: An independent voice – William Kopesky, Managing Director of Particle Technology Labs
- Article: Particle sizing across the drug development cycle
- Application Note: Using laser diffraction to support early stage product development
- Recorded Webinar: Pharmaceuticals – When size is not enough
- Application Note: Direct visualization, sizing and concentration measurements of drug delivery nanoparticles using Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis
- Blog: Viva la “sameness” – generic drugs and ensuring equivalence
- Blog: Designing a deformulation workflow
- Article: Scoping the Design Space for Generic Nasal Sprays
- Blog: A time for control: generic dry powder inhaler development
- Blog: “To BE or not to BE” – Bio-equivalence strategies for topical formulations
Quality by Design
- Recorded Webinar: Application of QbD to analytical method development for particle size distribution measurements
- Blog: Analytical QbD – Disaster Proof Method Design
- Article: Beyond SOPs – Exploring the rigor and requirements of Analytical QbD
- White Paper: Pharmaceutical manufacturing: The challenge of setting effective product specifications
Bio Pharma Characterization
- Article: Characterizing liposomes for drug delivery
- White Paper: Towards a unified biophysical characterization platform: Combining dynamic light scattering and Raman spectroscopy to determine protein structure and stability
- Application Note: Differentiation and characterization of subvisible particulates in therapeutic protein products
- Application Note: Differential Scanning Calorimetry as a tool for rapid and efficient development of economical biopharmaceutical processes
- Recorded Webinar: From hit to lead – accelerate early drug discovery with ITC
- Recorded Webinar: Prof. John Carpenter – The roles of nanoparticles in therapeutic protein aggregation pathways