Malvern is offering a two-day course designed to deliver comprehensive knowledge of Malvern’s Viscotek GPC/SEC technologies. The course will be held in Malvern’s Houston, Texas facility from October 21-22, 2015 and will cover the theory behind the advanced detection options of Malvern’s GPC/SEC instruments, as well as a thorough presentation of the OmniSEC software. This ensures that users will leave the course with an understanding of all of the hardware and the software that their sample interacts with, and how to extract the most information from their sample.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Detector theory (RI, UV/Vis, Light Scattering & Viscometer)
- Conventional calibration
- Universal calibration
- Triple detection
- Copolymer analysis
- Branching analysis
- Good practice & troubleshooting
- Columns & standards
All questions are welcome and there will be opportunities for discussion during the presentations or breaks in the action. Attendees are encouraged to bring example data with them so we can help diagnose any issues they may be encountering. Additionally, there will be time spent in the lab discussing the hardware and answering maintenance questions.
It is important to note:
- The cost for the two-day school is $1,500 per person and includes course materials, breakfast and lunch on both days. Companies with Platinum service contract purchased in last 12 months receive one complimentary seat while companies with a Gold service contract receive 50% discount on one seat.
- Attendees must bring a laptop computer (to follow along with software exercises)
- The laptop must run Windows 7 or Windows XP; the OmniSEC software is not compatible with Windows 8 or higher.
- Due to the lab time, attendees should wear lab-appropriate attire, e.g. closed-toe shoes, etc; safety glasses will be provided.
To take advantage of this unique training opportunity, please register here.