With summer holidays, you may have missed some important webinars.
Our experts here at Malvern Instruments covered various topics from the science of coffee to the particle size of spices. We recently started a series of “Demo at your desk” with the Mastersizer 3000 and we scheduled a new one in September, just have a look at the list below…
So if you missed them, don’t worry, I’ve listed them all here for you.
- Demo at your desk – Mastersizer 3000
- Improve your understanding of the effect of polysaccharide molecular weight and structure on final product performance
- The science of coffee – understanding the importance of particle size
- The particle size distribution of spices
- Improved approaches for particulate characterization in biotherapeutics
- New technologies to improve the understanding of bioformulation stability
- Optimizing Exosome and Extracellular Vesicle Measurements by NTA
- Fluorescence Masterclass 2 – Be data driven
- The importance of the measurement of diffusion in 2-phase systems
- Measuring the Protein Corona and Self Assembled Drug-Albumin Protein Nanoparticles
- How low can you go? New advances in the analysis of low molecular weight polymers by GPC/SEC
To ensure you won’t miss our September webinars, here is the full program with dates to pencil in your agenda
2 September – Silver colloids and Invisible ink
In the early history of cryptography and ciphers then invisible inks using silver salts and other chemicals were used. Silver colloids were regularly used and abused in this area. Silver colloids are now finding application (and legislation) as bactericides.
Here we will review polymer characterization technology for Polyolefins, Nylon, Polycarbonate, and Polyacrylonitrile. Examples of how these analytical technologies can help drive the development and application of various polymer systems will be covered. Examples include the use of FIPA for aging study of Polypropylene bumpers, crystallinity measurement of EPR tire rubbers, and PPM level quantitation of PIB in gasoline.
16 September – In-line PSA streamlines fuel filter testing (ISO16332)
Large amounts of testing is being performed to optimise the efficiency of oil / water separators in diesel engines. The filters remove any solid components that may cause wear on the engine as well as undissolved water. Large water droplets are reasonably easy to remove, but increasingly the water droplets are present in the form of a fine emulsion.
17 September – Demo at your desk – Particle sizing for the Pharma industry
This online demo is designed to provide you with an introduction to the Mastersizer 3000. You will be able to take a look at the Mastersizer 3000 and it’s accessories via the webcam in our lab, and we will share the Mastersizer 3000 software with you so that you can follow the measurement process live.
22 September – NTA Virtual Demonstration
Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA) has been widely adopted in a range of different research streams for the visualisation, sizing and counting of nanoscale materials in liquid suspension. Here the methodology behind the instrumentation will be discussed touching upon how the system utilizes light scattering to visualise materials and the way in which this image is used to size and count particles.
24 September – Making squeeze flow measurements on a rotational rheometer
In this webinar we will introduce the concept of squeeze flow on a rotational rheometer and demonstrate the benefits of the technique and its applications using suitable examples.
Our presenter will review the requirements for method transfer and will present a workflow for achieving this for Mastersizer 2000 methods. As part of this, we will review the features present in the Mastersizer 3000 software to help Mastersizer 2000 users migrate to the new system.