Here we are again, time flies so quickly! As last month I arranged the list below especially for you. Just pick and choose your favorite subject and listen to the webinar at your leisure.
You always have the option by registering in our website and get an automated notification or access the full list of our webinars recorded so far this year.
November On Demand webinars:
- Adhesion and cohesion
- History and development of Malvern GPC Viscometers
- Introducción a la Calorimetría de valoración isoterma (ITC) (Spanish)
- Studying enzyme kinetics through Isothermal Titration Calorimetry
- Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA) Application: Better Understanding Synthetic Nanoparticle Systems
- Masterclass 5 – Tamaño de Partícula: ¿Cuándo la forma es tan importante como el tamaño? (Spanish)
- The mathematics of image analysis
Coming up in December:
Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) is gaining increasing attention due to the need of oil extraction in efficient manners and difficulties in finding a new oil field. With traditional methods, only about 20-40% of oil is extracted from an oil reservoir, leaving 60-80% oil in the reservoir at the end of production. A technically proven EOR technique for recovering some of this residual oil is polymer flooding, which involves injection of polymer solutions in the porous media.
Rafael Hincapie from the Institute of Petroleum Engineering at TU Clausthal in Germany is working on research projects to better understand the rheological behaviour of such fluids, under conditions likely to be encountered during the oil recovery process. A summary of the work will be presented in this webinar.
Philip Argall wrote the obituary for Henry Vezin in Mining Reporter and was an American born in Ireland, He is mainly remembered for the invention of the 8-hour working shift. Alan Rawle will be looking on his influence on mining sampling where he contributed a number of articles in the early 1900’s.