The MicroCal PEAQ-DSC was one of 15 technologies awarded a 2017 Innovation Award presented by The Medicine Maker Magazine. This was the third year that The Medicine Maker magazine has awarded this honor reserved for new technologies that aid in pharmaceutical drug development and manufacturing. These technologies range from those that reduce production time to others that improve the safety of a drug in an effort to provide recognition to the vendors whose technologies allow for breakthroughs in the pharmaceutical industry.
PEAQ-DSC is praised alongside Adents’ Prodigi, a cloud-based serialization solution; the H3N2 Challenge Virus produced by SGS, an influenza virus used to test vaccines; and Corning’s Valor Glass, a glass packing that has been designed to eliminate delamination.
PEAQ-DSC was awarded this distinction due to its ability to characterize the thermal stability of proteins and other biomolecules. The information provided by the instrument allows for insights into factors that stabilize or destabilize proteins, nucleic acids, micellar complexes, and other macromolecular systems. One example of this data in use is the ability to predict the shelf-life of biomolecular products.
While 15 technologies were chosen as winners, The Medicine Maker magazine will narrow down the 15 to one product deemed the most innovative, and they have opened voting to the public. The product with the most votes will then be showcased in a 2018 issue of The Medicine Maker. To vote for the MicroCal PEAQ-DSC, click HERE.
The complete list of 2017 Innovation Awards winners:
- AFG 5000 dosing, Robert Bosch Packaging Technology
- Cadence Inline Diafiltration Module, Pall Life Sciences
- Eshmuno P anti-A & Eshmuno P anti-B resins, Merck (MilliporeSigma in the US and Canada)
- HakoBio, OUAT!
- H3N2 Challenge Virus, SGS
- iQ, SCHOTT
- KLV 1360, Robert Bosch Packaging Technology
- MabSelect PrismA, GE Healthcare
- MicroCal PEAQ-DSC, Malvern Panalytical
- Prodigi, Adents
- Q Exactive HF-X Hybrid Quadrupole Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Valor Glass, Corning
- VarioSys Move, Bausch+Ströbel
- VHP DC-A Decontamination Chamber Atmospheric, Steris
- X500B QTOF, SCIEX
Interested in this product, click below for more information
Related blog posts:
- Practical Guidance for the Confident Application of Differential Scanning Calorimetry
- Protein Antigens – DSC Journal Club
- What Is Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)? (Video)