When thinking about a reason to purchase a particular piece of scientific equipment, you want to know not only that you are getting the best piece of kit, but also that you’ll be maximizing the return on your investment. Manufacturers like Malvern Panalytical can add value to their products in a variety of ways, and one is the support and materials you’ll get to help you make the most of your purchase. In this blog, I want to tell you about the additional benefits and added value that you’ll receive when you purchase a GPC/SEC system from Malvern Panalytical.
The OMNISEC system is a multi-detector GPC/SEC system with refractive index (RI), UV-Vis absorbance (UV), light scattering (LS), and viscometer (IV) detectors. It offers unbeaten sensitivity in the RI and LS detectors and a user-exchangeable viscometer bridge in a complete, single, integrated unit for measuring the molecular weight and structure of synthetic and natural polymers, and proteins.
To make the most of such a system though, you need to know how to run it effectively and thoroughly understand the data you generate, and this is where Malvern Panalytical’s added value excels.
To help you run the system and software you’ll get:
- Basic training on the OMNISEC system from your installation engineer at the time of installation
- If you buy our OMNISEC Academic package, you can claim 2 days on-site training with a technical specialist
- Two places in a Malvern Panalytical further education course on GPC/SEC. These are held 2-3 times per year and their details can be found here by searching for the measurement type: Molecular Weight
- A video introduction to the principles of the separation and detection
- Video introductions to the OMNISEC system and capabilities for polymers and proteins
- A video SOP showing how to run samples in a typical workflow (for aqueous users)
- “The SECret to success”; an interactive PowerPoint presentation providing user training on instrument use and data analysis. Watch a brief video demo
- Over a dozen software demo videos to guide you through whatever you want to do. Watch a couple of examples, or see the whole series:
To help you maintain and service your system you’ll have:
- A series of hardware training videos on a variety of general maintenance topics including:
Finally, if you need additional support from us, you can count on:
- Free lifetime software updates straight from the website
- Free web support and access to our UK and US (508-768-6401) helpdesks
We hope that you’ll recognize Malvern Panalytical’s GPC/SEC technologies are class-leading, but it isn’t just the products. The support materials you’ll get from Malvern Panalytical are also class-leading modern tools, not just a folder of equations, and the examples here will hopefully give you a feel for them. Of course, we can go through the equations too if you prefer!