The Rietveld method is a widely spread method for characterizing crystalline materials. While being extremely popular, it requires a minimum of experience to best refine your powder diffraction data. In parallel, all collected data on a powder diffractometer are not necessarily of sufficient quality to be able to extract meaningful structural information. In this session, we shall review tips and tricks for best data collection practice and see how much information you can extract from powder diffraction with Rietveld refinement.
We encourage you to submit your data in advance via firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the or the #MPexpert hashtag on Twitter. In a first section, a selected set of submitted examples will be discussed live while in a second part, we will show how much information one can extract from powder diffraction. Questions and data can be submitted up to 10 days upfront.
This webinar is part of our ‘Ask an expert’ webinar series. These live webinars are meant for students, researchers, and professors alike who want to sharpen their analytical methods, deepen their knowledge, or find out how to improve their data. We’ll provide extensive materials analysis information and answer your most frequently asked questions. In other words, it’s the ultimate way to improve your materials science research and engineering knowledge.
Free to attend any of the classes. For full overview see our ‘Ask an expert’ webinar series page.
- Gwilherm Nénert – Application Specialist XRD
Who should attend?
- Students, researchers or professors, interested in improving their materials science research and engineering knowledge with our analytical solutions
- All that are knowledgeable in X-ray diffraction as an analytical method but want to deepen their knowledge, and those that may be starting a new research and want to know what can help you improve their data
What will you learn?
- Find out from field examples how data is collected
- Learn how to improve XRPD data collection practice
- Discover the valuable information this method can bring you