On November 2nd, Waters and Malvern Panalytical is co-hosting a webinar: “Unlocking Polymers in Medical Devices: Combining High-Resolution Separations from the Waters ACQUITY APC and Advanced Detectors from the Malvern Panalytical OMNISEC REVEAL“ co-presented by Larry Meeker (Waters, Application Scientist) and myself.
What will you learn?
- Learn about the benefits of combining high resolution separation from the Waters ACQUITY APC with advanced multi-detection from the Malvern Panalytical OMNISEC REVEAL:
In recent years, new developments in Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC) have resulted in the introduction of Ultra-High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (UHPLC or UPLC) for polymer applications. Waters ACQUITY Advanced Polymer Chromatography (APC) is a breakthrough technology that provides SEC analyses of polymeric materials with higher resolution and higher speed than conventional SEC. The new APC technology involves the use of high-efficiency separation columns and a low dispersion flow path, resulting in:
- High resolution analysis
- Reduced time
- Reduced solvent consumption
- Reduced sample concentration
- Quick mobile phase changeover
Traditionally, the APC system has focused on conventional calibration, meaning it can only generate relative molecular weight information. To obtain comprehensive knowledge of the polymers under analysis, it is necessary to combine the high-resolution APC system with additional advanced detectors. The combination of the Waters APC system with the Malvern Panalytical OMNISEC REVEAL, containing refractive index (RI), UV-Vis photodiode array (UV), light scattering (LS), and differential viscometry detectors, greatly broadens the information attainable from SEC analysis. Using OMNISEC REVEAL the sample under analysis can now be fully characterized in terms of:
- Absolute molecular weight: without the need for column calibration
- Molecular weight distribution
- Size: hydrodynamic radius across the sample’s entire molecular weight range
- Structure: Mark-Houwink parameters and branching
This presentation will discuss the characterization of block copolymers among others commonly used in medical devices by a Waters ACQUITY APC combined with the Malvern Panalytical OMNISEC REVEAL multi-detector system.
Who is it for?
Scientists working to characterize macromolecules, oligomers, and polymers.
- Waters and Malvern Panalytical Collaborate to improve Polymer Characterization
- Evaluating degradation of drug delivery polymers using Advanced Polymer Chromatography (APC) and advanced multi-detection
- Enhanced Resolution of Low Molecular Weight Samples Using Advanced Polymer Chromatography (APC) in Combination with Advanced Multi-detection
- Using Multi-Detector Advanced Polymer Chromatography (APC) to Better Differentiate Samples by Structure
- Cyclic Oligomer Byproducts Separated by High-Resolution Advanced Polymer Chromatography (APC)